“There would be no ‘American Idol’ without Ryan Seacrest,” – Fuller
“American Idol” creator Simon Fuller has revealed there would be no Idol without Ryan Seacrest as the host. Fuller was reacting to speculations in some quarters that the show producers are in advanced talks to return Seacrest as Host for “American Idol” reboot.
He, however, refused to make further comments about what they have in store regarding the new model “American Idol”.
According to what an insider told Variety, the new contract with Seacrest has hit its final stage adding that “Stakeholders in “Idol,” which include FremantleMedia and CORE Media Group, are hoping to nail down a look that’s “authentic and most like the original.”
While another source close to Seacrest told the media outfit that “conversations with producers about his potential involvement are in the early stages” and “there is a lot to work through given his other priorities and commitments.” Namely: to “Live” and his daily iHeartRadio syndicated program “On Air With Ryan Seacrest,” but also hosting and producing duties for E! and ABC’s “Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve with Ryan Seacrest.”
“Ryan has a lot of affection for ‘American Idol’ given the show’s significance to his career, and it taps into the things he loves — a live show, pop music, and discovering new talent.”
Addressing the speculations about his return to “American Idol” reboot, on Monday episode of “Live With Kelly and Ryan.” he said, “I don’t know about that part yet. “We haven’t gotten that far. This was news to me, actually, last week I had said at the end of the series, ‘Goodbye for now,’ hoping somewhere it would come back.”
It was also gathered that ABC is making plans to broadcasting about 40 hours of ‘American Idol” for next season which indicates that the show will air over two nights most weeks, as it did during its 15-season run on Fox.
While the producers, FremantleMedia and Core Media Group allegedly insisted that any broadcast partner commits to an order of at least 25 hours.
However, ABC on Tuesday announced that it had picked up a revival of “American Idol” for the 2017-18 season.
Also, TMZ Tuesday report stated that the show’s auditions will all be held at Disney World, as In the past, they have been held in different cities around the country.
“American Idol” reboot comes from FremantleMedia North America and Core Media Group’s 19 Entertainment. Executive producers include FremantleMedia North America’s Trish Kinane and Jennifer Mullin.